The department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology delivers high quality patients care simultaneous
with intensive research and academic activities. It is currently under the leadership
of Professor Arun Nagrath who envisions to make the department an apex centre of
patient care, research and education.
The department consists of 3 units with 11 consultants and 5 Senior Residents. Since
2013, admission to postgraduate courses M.S.( Obstetrics & Gynaecology) has commenced.
On an average 60,000 outpatient and inpatients are treated per year. Number of deliveries
and major surgeries during a year averages about 3000 and 2200 respectively.
Bedside regular theory classes and practical clinics along with demonstration with
the use of simulators, live relay of surgeries for undergraduate MBBS students are
undertaken. They are also posted in rotation to labour wards for maternity postings
to acquire basic skills.
Each year 5 postgraduates get selected through competitive exams. Postgraduates
also undergo rigorous training in all aspect of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Bedside
clinics, seminars, case discussions, demonstrations form part of their training
in addition to practical training under supervision in labour wards and operation
Research and Development Activity
Current problems on which research work is going on.
- Effect of body mass index on menstrual cycle among young female students studying
in medical college, paramedical college and nursing college in rural set up in Uttar
Dr. A. Nagrath, Dr. Kalpana, Dr. Priya, Dr. Deepshikha
- To assess the tubal patency through comparative study of various tests – hysterosalphingography
, diagnostic laproscopy and sono salpingography in infertility patients.
Dr. Arun Nagrath, Dr. Kalpana, Dr. Priya, Dr. Maya
- Study of procedure of gynaecological disease and other morbid condition in HIV infected
Dr. Shikha Seth, Dr. Neelam, Dr Rajni, Dr. Yasmeen
- A Study of efficacy of Misoprostol, foley’s extraamniotic saline & their combination
for termination of second trimester of pregnancy.
Dr. Shikha Seth, Dr. Neelam, Dr. Rajani Rawat
- Role of isosorbide mononitrate in cervical ripening and induction of labour.
Dr. Shikha Seth, Dr. Rajani Rawat
- Low dose Mifepristone 25/ 50 mg in the treatment of uterine myoma in perimenopausal
Dr. Shikha Seth
- Evaluation of calcium to creatinine ratio , microalbumin to creatinine ratio in
prediction of eclampsia.
Dr Alpana, Dr. Shikha Seth, Dr. Rajani.
- Prevalence of GDM in rural population in western Uttar Pradesh.
Dr. Neelam, Dr. Rajani, Dr. Klapana, Dr. Priya
- Programme labour and its outcome – A human approach to delivery in rural population.
Dr. Rajani, Dr. Shikha Seth